Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Golfing in the Wind


let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance...Proverbs 1:5



Supposed to play this morning, but when I went outside to check on the weather I was about blown off my feet. So I called and cancelled. I hated to do it as I haven't played in a week!! I don't mind playing in a little wind, but this is too much.

Actually, there are some tips you can use when playing in the wind. If you are playing in a headwind remember what Greg Norman said at the British open in 1996 (he won!) "Swing with ease into the breeze". I think he was quoting another great??? Good tips: 1) Select more club to decrease the height of the shot 2) Play the ball back in your stance 3) Slow down to 80% of your regular swing speed.

If you are lucky and have a tailwind remember: 1) Play the ball forward in your stance 2) hit it higher (less club) 3) remember it will roll on you.

Guidance and tips...we love them. In this busy Christmas season have you remembered to get out the book that gives the best guidance of all? Get it out and reread Luke. Please.

No comments: