Friday, March 6, 2009

Peace Train Starts Here


Whoever would love life and see good days.........must seek peace and pursue it. 1Peter 3:10-11
The peace train starts here with me. Whatever it is that is bothering me in the moment, I must make peace with it. Whether it is my weight, age, the economy, family, health, church, weather, barking dogs, bad golf shots, friends, work...whatever, I must seek peace, I must pursue it.
I think I am getting better at pursuing peace. Maybe it is age, maybe some things are not as important as they used to be, don't know. But I seem to be better able to put things into perspective these days. Prayer sure helps. Praying and finding my deep down, way in me peaceful and calm soul, then trying to let it become a part of my living in the moment. The train goes whether I want it to or not, it travels forward through this moment, I want to ride it in peace.

2 comments:

Wenny said...

I guess they called it 'mellow'. We mellow with age. But more importantly, it's the wisdom we gained as we aged that has made us realised what's important and what's not.

Praying is believing and seek the Infinite One. The peace we found is his grace bestowed upon us as he guides towards a life of abundance.

Lucinda said...

Thank yoiu for your insight. I could not agree more.