Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Voice of God

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30;21



We are told to listen for the small, still voice. Do you have trouble hearing the voice of God? May I help?

I was just sitting out on the sun porch. The biggest of our three dogs let out a long, drawn out moan, so I put my book down to listen. Then I was aware of the sound of at least four different birds chattering way. Under that sound was the noise of a insect. Carrying all of that was a slight breeze. Then my sigh. It came to me so peacefully; I was listening to the sound of God. Not a big, loud shout, no trumpet...just God's voice in all of that.

Go out somewhere, filter out the bustle, listen. Just listen.

What you do about the experience is up to you, but do something. I smiled and came in to share it with someone I know God will send my way.

God bless you with peace and calm.

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Wonderful advice and so true =]