Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Bountiful Storehouse



The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and bless all the work of your hands. Deuteronomy 28:12

I love Christmas, however, I refuse to get caught up in the "process". More on that later. Right now, my thought is I love Thanksgiving. When I think of this celebration I think of the song whose words include "Bless this house oh Lord I pray. Keep it safe by night and day." I think of the word bounty, of storehouse, of the words yellow, orange and brown.

In this passage in Deuteronomy the Israelites are learning what God will do for them if they obey the Lord their God and carefully follow all his commandments. Well, God opened the storehouse of his heavens and out of his bounty God sent us Jesus. God will send us the flowing water of the Holy Spirit and bless our works of love if we obey the greatest commandment brought by our Living Christ. Love our Creator with all our heart and love our neighbor as we love our self.

God's bounty is timeless and limitless, our love should be also. As we go into Thanksgiving let's dwell on and in our Creator's bountiful storehouse and be so thankful that it spills out through us to all those around us.



No comments: