Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Little More on Witnessing

Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Isaiah 46:9

The tournament is over, I was nothing but consistent, improved one shot the second day! But, I had a great time. I really enjoyed the three gals with whom I was paired, there was a lot of laughter.
A couple of thoughts about yesterday's post...witnessing is a perfect time to "remember the things I have done". Not only do you have a chance to lead another closer to God, you yourself have a chance to remember, as you relate your beliefs, all the things God has done for you. All the times God has shown you the way. So it is a two way path, side by side; tell/remember. What a beautiful path to walk.
Also, keep in mind your witness is added to all the other ones God has arranged for this person. It is not all up to you, you may be the first to share with the other or the last, so don't get discouraged. You are one of a great cloud of witnesses. That always gives me comfort and strength when I tell some one else the Great Story.
We don't have to shout or get in someones face...we just need to listen for the right question, remember what God has done for us, answer the question, and then thank God for the opportunity and all the others in the cloud with you.

No comments: