Sunday, February 24, 2008

Addressing the Ball

Living in a place where golf can be played on almost any day leads to using the game as a metaphor for life.
Two of my passions in life are prayer and golf. Deep still prayer is where I love to live. It gives my life peace and calm, love and patience, hope and faith. Then there is golf. It does not always give my live these same qualities. Not always. Yet as a match unfolds it can be a great training ground for all of those Graces. So...I am having faith that this blog will help me develop these gifts by writing about golf and my experiences on the links.
I pray nothing on this site comes across as flippant, just humorous and human. I will poke fun at myself and the game but not at the underlying profound belief that my Maker's Spirit is present with me on every hole and with every shot.
This blog will be my observation of what is going around me while I am learning to bring the Presence of the Spirit of God to the fore front of my life. I believe we are given an opportunity to live in a Valley of Vision, a world to observe and experience. I have chosen to live my experience by following the way of Jesus Christ. I am a learner and a seeker.
Come join me on the Course, please.

No comments: