Thursday, February 28, 2008

PEACE

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You. Isaiah 26:3

Golf day ! Didn't play too badly, not as good as Tuesday but not bad. Played with a lovely lady who lives here in the winter. She was so calm and serene the whole round. It was like watching a smooth, slow river run. No ripples, smooth stroke, easy stride. Watching her reminded me to keep my peace. When I got ready to come apart, or get a little frenzied, I would take a deep breath, look around God's beautiful piece of creation and say a little praise prayer. I knew God had me where I was supposed to be...outside, getting exercise in great company. Laughing, breathing, listening to the birds, seeing the beautiful mountains. Right where I was supposed to be. God was right in the middle of it all. It is so nice when we finally figure out God is not just in church. God is at the grocery story, doctor's office, filling station, school, and yes on the golf course.

No comments: