Friday, January 16, 2009

Golf Tournament Tomorrow


I am playing in a golf tournament tomorrow with three other ladies. Now, you remember my golf has been pretty stinky lately, so, I was worrying this morning about what I will be able to add to the team tomorrow. Then I read all my devotional material, checked the blogs I try not to miss, and attended my Friday morning prayer group. On the way home I let all of that soak in and realized how silly any worry about tomorrow is.

First, I really need to practice all my advice about living in the present. I sure can hand that advice out right and left. Live and breath now! My day has been so blessed, why bring into it tomorrow.

Second, these ladies don't expect me to be a pro, they just want me to join them in a fun event. So I will go have fun. I will take with me to the first tee: laughter, smiles, joy, and understanding along with some skills, a set of clubs and a few golf balls.

You see it is time to walk my talk as the saying goes. If I bring all those good things to tomorrow, my Creator will see that they are used to the best advantage for the day.

I'll plant some seeds.

No comments: