Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Of Hope

May the God of your hope so fill you with joy and peace in believing (through the experience of your faith) that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope. Romans 15:13 (Amplified)



Back after a long while, or so it seems! I have been out of town and had some company so things have been busy.

During a round of golf, if you play as I do ;), you can be faced with a number of challenging shots. Seems as if all shots don't necessarily put you in a happy place for the next one. We even saw some of that over the weekend at the Masters! When this happens to my very good friend PL she approaches the disappointing lie with eternal hope in her heart. She always says...well, let's see what we can do with this one, how can we recover here? Love her hopeful nature.

I love the Monday after Easter. I like to spend this day looking for the situations in my life and the lives of those close to me to see the hope. There are a bunch this morning. One member of my family has been given great hope involving a medical problem. One is starting a new semester this morning. One is beginning a path to read the Bible while listening to it on tape. Two are starting baseball season at school. One of my best friends (she would kill me if I said my oldest best friend) welcomed her first grandchild this week. Hope is just bubbling up and overflowing, as I know that all of these situations have been prayed for and are the result of God's amazing and wonderful grace.

Look around you, where do you see the hope. Don't tell me there is none, it may be very small or look very insignificant, but it is there. Use this Monday to start over. Start over and look for the hope. How can you recover from the previous "bad shot"? You can, there is always hope. It is a grace from our Creator. God bless you today.

2 comments:

FLOJOE said...

I just love your blog and been continue reading it quietly. What an inspiration word. It gaves strength to someone like me. God Bless you!!

Lucinda said...

Thank you Flojoe and God bless you also.