Sunday, June 15, 2008

Kepp Us Safe

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. Paslm 16:1

Headed north in a few hours to play in a golf tournament tomorrow. Happy Father's Day to all you Dads. Dad's remember in your weakness is your strength. When your heart melts over the laughter of your child, your love wells up and bursts through. Use that strength, the strong flowing of love to guide those children. Children, thank your father for all the hours of hard work he has put into raising and caring for you.
For those of us whose fathers have passed on, may their souls be in the refuge of our God.
My last conversation with my Dad was about golf. Yep, believe it or not it was. He was at home and I called to tell him of some feat I had accomplished on the course. He thought it was so funny he called me back in about an hour to make me tell him again. One time he took me out on our home course to a grove of trees on the fourth fairway. He taught me a shot to get out of those trees. He said if I was always going to hit into trees I might as well know how to get out from under them. I still get under trees and I think of him every time I hit a low shot out!

No comments: