Monday, June 2, 2008

The Way Is Love

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

This is to be a busy week. Today I help a dear one set up for a member/guest golf tournament. Tomorrow is the tournament. I think this weekend we are having a visit from an old friend. I say "think" because he is on the road and said he might swing by our town. So, as I was sitting here doing my devotion and prayer I was a little preoccupied with the week's work. My devotion was primarily concerned with walking closer to Jesus, in the hands of the Holy Spirit. How do I let go of tension and worry and busy stuff... put the devotion to work?
As I put the dishes in the dish washer, pondering this question it became clear...I do it Jesus's way, and we know Jesus's Way is love. I realized I need to help make this tournament an opportunity for these lady golfers to have fun, fellowship, laughter. So every task I undertake needs to be done in love to shine love on the situation. Change the word task to gift.
I need to prepare the house and guest room for our friend so it will be filled with a feeling of welcome and love. So all tasks must be done in love and gratitude that we are available for our friend, who needs some unconditional love right now.
Let's walk this week, our hand in the hand of the Holy Spirit. Each task done in Jesus's love for the objective of shining love on the whole situation. Bet we will have a better week than last!

No comments: