Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Relax in The Presence

...and made him glad with the joy of your presence. Psalm 21:6

Two days of golf and I am done in. Hot, tired, stiff and very, very happy. The last two days I played with 6 of the nicest ladies I have ever played with. Funny and laid back. When I am in the presence of such nice people it makes my golf better. I was so relaxed and at ease, I couldn't help but play better golf. My swing was easy, I wasn't tense on my putts, it was like a dream. That is not to say my usual group is not fun nor nice, they are both. However, you tend to take that for granted and that is not right. I should never forget to always appreciate the regular weekly play group.
God blessed David and gave him joy in his presence. That's the way we should live every moment, blessed with the joy of being in the presence of our Creator. I tend to take that for granted, also. I forget how relaxed and peaceful it is to really be aware of God's presence. I get too busy, to focused on something else. Then I loose my peace, my calmness. But, you know the best part, God is always there waiting for us to wise up, waiting for us to remember where we are and in whose presence we are. Always there to fill us with peace and love. I will stop and remember that now.

No comments: