Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 Forgiveness




Do not be over come by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21






Too rainy to play golf this morning so I took my coffee to the front porch to sit and think.


9/11...forgiveness...9/11...forgiveness. How far have I come since that morning of nine-eleven? This summer I was privileged to stand in the Pentagon office where the airplane came diving in. It was one of the most...I don't know the right word to put here...no word can tell you what I felt. Just picture yourself there and I think you will find the word. Have I forgiven? Those pilots had such crippled egos, such warped senses of who God is. God is the judge, not me. I am told to forgive. I pray. How far along the path of forgiveness are you?

This is where I need the Holy Spirit to lead. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. Romans 8:26. Lord help me to forgive. Help me to repay evil with good.

1 comment:

Desert Diva said...

So very true, but so very difficult to do...