Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Still Trying

Still Loving the Neighbor !!

You know when you sincerely start to work on this it is really hard, and I hate to admit that. It hurts to admit you are having trouble with a direction from Christ that sounds so Christian-like. So basic. I always try to start these soul searching, walk the path improvements close to home. Family, then start practicing the "walk your talk" with your closest friends, then spread out to notice the people around you as you do your daily errands, work your job, commute. Then take it to the people outside your "beltway".
I am about politic-ed out. Two more nights of the second convention, plus all the hype and too many talking-head discussions. This is where loving your neighbor really gets hard. When will we learn we have one nation to love and take care of, protect and serve? Not divide and win, pull down and stomp on. How do I love (either side) people that look for the most damaging information they can find, just to use it to take someone else down. Where is forgiveness, patience, just plain old civility?
I know it starts with me. I need to overlook, forgive, realize these are egos vastly out of whack. Crippled egos that are not looking for guidance from the Holy Spirit. I need to look at these people as children of God, God's creations that God loves. Try to love them with Christlike love. I am really trying, but this is difficult. Only prayer and constant reminder of God's love for all will keep me trying to see past the horrible things that are being done in the cause of winning an election.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, Thank you for being my friend. I feel your prayers for Jill and I. Love you bunches.
Judy