Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Didn't Sign The Sheet

"They all joined together constantly in prayer," Acts 1:14

Got up early, had coffee, drove to the course, opened my locker, put on golf shoes, went through the pro shop saying hello to everyone, stopped in front of the posted list of threesomes who were to play together, didn't see my name. Read it once, twice, on the third time I was convinced my name was not there. Went back to my locker, put up shoes, drove home, finished my cold coffee I had not poured out before. I had forgotten to sign up!!
If you don't sign up you are left out of a lot of things. Joining your fine self up is a big deal. If you don't sign up, join, involve yourself you get left out. Our Creator has made a beautiful Kingdom for us to join, but it is our responsibility to get our name on the list of membership. We have to commit to joining the process of finding the Kingdom, looking for it all around us everyday. God provides, however, we must join ourselves to what is provided. Take an active part in the beautiful Grace with which God has gifted us.
In the passage above, Mary has joined with other women and the brothers of Jesus to pray. Wonder who put out the sign up sheet? There are so many ways to take an active part in the Kingdom, so many ways to learn about the Kingdom, so many ways to live a Kingdom life. Are you signed up? Do you know where to find the sign up sheet?

No comments: