Monday, September 29, 2008

Retreats Change Lives

"Before the Lord God made man upon the earth He first prepared for him a world of useful and pleasant things for his sustenance and delight. In the Genesis account of the creation these are simply "things". They were made for man's use, but they were meant always to be external to the man and subservient to him. In the deep heart of man was a shrine where none but God was worthy to come. Within him was God; without, a thousand gifts which God had showered upon him." From The Pursuit Of God by A.W. Tozer

As you will recall, I asked you last Thursday to pray for my retreat weekend. Well, THANK YOU. Words can never describe what an incredible weekend I had. I have never been covered with such Christ like love in my entire life. If anyone ever approaches you concerning sponsoring you for a Walk to Emmaus...do not take a breath before you say yes. On second thought, don't say yes SHOUT YES PLEASE!! Know that that person loves you so much.
I came home with a new book. I have heard A.W. Tozer quoted many times, but I have never read anything by him. So when I saw this book I grabbed it up. It is wonderful. The part I used above really struck me in a deep place. Not only was I showered with "a thousand" of God's gifts this weekend, I was able to clear out my altar space inside my heart.
If you are looking for a meaningful book to add to your study time, I am highly recommending this one.
God bless you and thank you for those prayers.

No comments: