Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Healing and Wholeness

"See how God winked at weakness and overlooked failures as He poured upon His servants grace and blessing untold. Let it be Abraham, Jacob, David, Daniel, Elijah or whom you will; honor followed honor as harvest the seed. The man of God set his heart to exalt God above all; God accepted his intention as fact and acted accordingly. Not perfection, but holy intention made the difference." p. 99 The Pursuit of God, A.W. Tozer.

A breathtakingly beautiful day here in south central New Mexico and I am still not back on the golf course. One reason is that I am still resting my ankle. I hope the lesson I take out of this sprain is to slow down; the phone will ring long enough for me to get there, if not, so be it, the answering machine will get it.
This time off has given me time to relive the Conference on Healing and Wholeness I attended Friday and Saturday. I have been back over my handouts and notes and bought a book by a doctor the speaker recognized as helpful. I have also finished up the Tozer book.
We have a prayer ministry at our church and have held healing services, however, we have the need to reevaluate what we are doing and in which direction we need to move. Hence, the conference with Dr. James K. Wagner. We need to focus in on our intentions. What we intend to do, how we intend to do it, why we intend to do it, all important. We will make mistakes, but God won't.
The new book I bought is Healing Words by Larry Dossey, M.D. I really am learning a lot from it. The copyright is 1993, so after I finish this post I am going to see what he has written since.
Reading Tozer and Dossey at the same time is very helpful. I love the fact that I was brought to these two books at the same time. My intention is to really listen to God's voice in this learning process. Give it over to the Holy Spirit to guide me down the path. Learning leads to knowledge which leads to wisdom which will guide my actions.

2 comments:

Jonah, said...

Hi, your entry today reminded me that I have the book you mentioned as written by Dr. Dossey, purchased for me years ago by my brother. I never did read it. Hopefully your reminder will spur me on to dust it off and begin the read. God bless.

Lucinda said...

Johah, You will find the book extremly helpful and insightful. I am sure this is the time for you to read it! God bless you and your mission.