Saturday, October 11, 2008

Walk In The Light

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1John 1:5

Sorry I have been remiss in writing. I was visited this week by my oldest and dearest friend. "Oldest" meaning longest, don't want problems in our friendship over terms! She came to town to play with me in a golf tournament. We had a great time. Lots of golf, food, laughter, talk. We wore ourselves out. That's the good news; I twisted my ankle and fell two days before all this happened, so my golf was pretty stinky. Hard to swing the club when you are anticipating the jolt of pain that will inevitably be visited upon you. Until you hurt your right ankle, you tend to forget how much weight you place on your right side :( Oh well, you always need an excuse when you don't win a tournament.
So today, after I run a couple of really necessary errands, I am going to have some devotional quiet time. First I am going to meditate on 1John 1:1-7. I am not going to beat myself up, however, I am going to look over the past week to see where I slipped out of the light. Either by getting too involve in what was going on around me and forgetting or by letting my frustration make me a little edgy so I was not as "nice" as I could have been.
I love my Creator and want to always keep that first in my sight. But I slip into forgetting so often. I will not dwell on lost opportunities while I go over this today, but I will remind myself how easy it is to slip into the shadows of life's walk. We are human and we lose our light every now and then, but God doesn't. That light shines on us all the time, we just have to step back on to the course.
Shine your light on me today, O Lord, and I will run to get into it.

No comments: