Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another Group

A friend loves at all times, a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17



A repeat of yesterday's verse, because it is certainly worth repeating. Repeating and meditating on. On both sides of the thought; as a friend and about our friends.

Yesterday I said I would explain about my second group God has placed me with. This group is made up of very different ladies. One from Florida, one from Las Vegas and one from Missouri. I became involved with the first two through churches, the third by shared parents. They did not know each other, although I talked about them to each other so much they felt as if they did. So last year we decided it was time to get everyone together for a retreat. It turned out to be such a special and glorious event we are hoping to make it yearly. So tomorrow I leave for Missouri for our Second Annual Retreat. We each pick a book that we consider important to our spiritual life, then we read all four and discuss them at our get together. We share and stretch and grow our faith and understanding of what God means to us in our lives. We are at different places on our faith walks so it is a lively and informative discussion. Now don't get me wrong, we also have time to eat, shop, gossip and eat some more! But you would be correct in assuming we talk all the time.

God has given me each of these ladies at the exact time I needed them and need them I did and do. One was presented as my Christmas gift, a live doll I could love and boss around. One came at the darkest time of my life. With God wrapped around her waist she pulled me through the darkness. We are not only on the same page of searching, we on the same letter of the same word in the same sentence. The last beautiful woman shared a prayer group experience with me that took our prayer life to an altogether deeper level than I ever expected. We went from prayer to, as one friend put it, "holy talk".

I can in no way thank God enough for these friends. I can not praise God enough for this group. When we are together God's love is so palatable, it is as if a white, airy blanket is placed around us. We are know by his love shining from our souls.

I will be traveling for two days, but Tuesday I rejoin you and we will start the retreat together. Come join me and my three soul sisters. We will love to have you along. I may get one of them to write something!

God has put a group out there for you. Maybe you are already aware of it. If so, I hope and pray you cherish it as I do my two groups. If you haven't found yours yet, look around you, they are there. You need them and they need you. God made us to love and he made loving friends for us to find.

God bless and I'll see you Tuesday. P.S. The husband just came in and asked me to go play nine holes this afternoon! Play the course.

No comments: