Friday, April 18, 2008

Grace

We have done so not according to worldly wisdom but according to God's grace. 2Corinthians 1:12

We had about 5 to 6 hours of discussion today. It was beautiful. We discussed two of our books and got about half way through another. The deepest point for me was a time of prayer. As it is said, when three or more of you gather in my name...we gathered, we prayed and the Presence was with us. It was one of the most amazing gifts of grace I have been involved in. We truly were one. I hope tomorrow one of my soul sisters will tell you more.
When you look at yourself with no one else around, when you get into that quiet space of your soul you can find out so much. When you then take what you have learned and place it before your friends it can be scary. Not so today. I have very rarely felt so safe as I did today. God is so good to give us friends who make you feel safe. SO, the topics we discussed were meaningful, insightful, thought provoking. But the essence of our group had the sweet smell of love, the feel of trust, the touch of concern, the sight of beautiful faces, the hearing of the word.
Tomorrow.

No comments: