Friday, April 11, 2008

Friends

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17

I am blessed with two groups of good friends. One is my group of golfing buddies, the other is made up of my prayer sisters. Today I am sorely missing one group and preparing to spend five glorious days with the other.
I really miss my golfing pals. I had not been able to join them for two weeks and then yesterday we cancelled because of the wind. Now it will be another two weeks because I will be out of town again. Then when I get back two of them will be gone traveling...one of them for 5 months! Woe is me. They are funny, dear, smart, articulate women. They show genuine love and concern for each other. They help each other in times of distress and family problems. Sometimes all they do is listen, other times they take an active hand in organizing relief. They love to celebrate the successes of each other. No jealousy, a lot of teasing.
I love this group God has put me in. You will find when you get to know me that I do not believe in coincidences. No way. There is a reason I was led to join this particular group of lady golfers. The more attention I pay to God's will in my life, the more I realize how God has put the paths and door ways right in front of me. If I look for them there are always opportunities. The invitation to join this golf group was an invitation from God to get to know and love a wonderful group of women.
Why? I don't know yet (other than a lot of fun!). But years from now, when I look back on our time together, I will see so many instances of how we have supported each other, offered help, advice, prayer. We are a circle of God's active love in the world.
Has God invited you to join a group? Has someone recently offered you an invitation to go somewhere or help some how? Say yes. God has some friends for you. Look for them on the course, they are already there.
Tomorrow I'll tell you what is planned with my other special group. I planning to take you with me on that trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister, and I am so grateful to have you for a sister. May God Bless you and keep you. I have missed you also. I pray God's Safety for you while you are away.
Praised Grace