Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wind

He makes the clouds his chariot and rides the wings of the wind. He makes wind his messengers... Psalm 104:3-4

No golf today. Wind at 35 miles an hour, gusts to 50. Blowing dust advisory. Well, I guess! Seems as if those to pieces of info go together.
More to add to yesterday's ponder list. I will be safely inside, watching the dust fill the valley. Psalm 1:4 also speaks of the wind..."Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away." Wind in Hebrew is from the root word ruwach to blow, i.e. breathe. Used as wind, by resemblance breath. I think I will spend some time this afternoon, as I watch this weather event, looking at the chaff I need to have God blow away out of my life. There are many spots I need God to breath on.
How will I do it? First isolate and identify one as a separate grain of dust, then let my eye rest on each little speck, then shine a beam of light on it to make it really clear, then ask God to help me blow it away.
So, it's not windy at your house today? Maybe you are in the part of the country where it is raining. Raindrops are good to use. Waves on the ocean...grains of sand...dust bunnies in the air...

No comments: