Saturday, March 1, 2008

Not A Coincidence

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34,35.

Last evening's party with the golf group was just too much fun for words. We always laugh so hard my stomach muscles hurt the following morning. I truly love this group and all the individuals that make it up. I believe it is not a coincidence we have formed such a loving bond.

I have been involved in three prayer groups in the last 10 years. After my initial meeting with each group I got in the car to go home and was struck with a real feeling of love for each person in that specific prayer group. I had an instantaneous connection through love to these people. I cared about them, their lives, their families. It was an amazing feeling. Even though we have moved far away from two of these groups in land miles, we are still close in heart miles.

There are no coincidences with God's love. I felt a connection to my golfing buddies the first Thursday we played together. Sisters. Friday night's group has three added sisters. We care about each other. We are a group for a reason. We don't always see the reason immediately. But we will.

Has someone new come into your life recently? Maybe the last month or two. At work, school, church...golf? Not a coincidence. You have been given a blessing. Take a moment...name that person...breath their name in and out...thank God for them. Wonder why God put them in your life. Believe me it is no coincidence.

No comments: