Friday, March 28, 2008

Hold Your Peace

Jesus...said to them,"Peace be with you." John 20:19

As I said yesterday, no golf. I have two days, yesterday and today, to get ready for another trip. This one is a cruise. As I get terribly seasick I am getting ready with some apprehension. I have tried every drug made by man from the time I was 3 years old to handle this problem. Maybe I'll lose some weight on this trip, instead of the opposite!
I am trying hard not to lose my cool. I have my check list and the one from the cruise line, both of which I am doing a good job following. They help to keep me from running around like a chicken with it's head off. So far so good. I haven't snapped at the husband nor yelled at the three dogs under my feet.
Jesus gives us peace for everyday of our lives if we will let him. His presence at our side can keep us centered and calm no matter what. I believe we have to ask for it and stay focused on it. Do I have a checklist for doing this? You better believe I do. I read my devotional every morning first thing. Then I go to my favorite blogs listed over there on the right side. These are followed by prayer. If I'm on a trip with no computer then I skip the blogs, which I hate to do. I gather my peace. Breathe it in and out. Then during the day when I get frazzled, I remember a word or phrase from the morning that God has placed in my mind. Breathe it in and out. I let God put me in God's kingdom, out of the hassle, problems and worry.
It works, trust me. Take Jesus' peace and live in it. Let it roll around you, let it fill you. Remember, God loves you more than you can ever understand. He gives you peace.
Please hold that peace until I get back and we talk again. In the mean time try those sites I have listed, but remember to come back here. I'll miss you if you don't!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing your post was today. Losing two dear friends in a little over twenty-four hours is difficult. I have been forced to seek the Lord in the midst of all the saddenness. One death was violent and one was peaceful. The friend who died violently was probably one of the sweetest, kindest women I have ever had the privledge of knowing. The one who passed peacefully was one crazy fun loving guy, irreverant most of the time, but stil a great guy. All I could do was ask, "Why God? Why did it happen this way?" I have submitted all my concerns in prayer to him as I know he knows what is going on. Who am I to question His Will?
Praised Grace