Thursday, August 21, 2008

Consistent Golf

And we,...are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2Corinthians 3:18

Golf again today with my Thursday buddies. We had a jolly time of it. My name is consistency, had the same score as Tuesday. Not the same configuration of nine hole scores, but they still added up to the same total. I think I am a pretty consistent person, never too far off the path from yesterday. My devotional practices are pretty predictable, same pattern as yesterday, do it again tomorrow.
Yet in my life I can see where this consistency is leading to a transformation. I am not the same person I was when I started my faith walk. It seems the Holy Spirit takes you where you are and leads you deeper and deeper along the path. So where my golf stays the same, my life gets closer and closer to my Creator. Consistency in my prayer and devotional life lead to big changes.
Maybe I should be a little more consistent with my use of the practice range at the golf course.

No comments: