Friday, August 1, 2008

Home Course

Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Proverbs 4:25

Hey friends, I'm back!! Safely drove around 7,620 miles. We saw so much of this beautiful country and had contact with so many beautiful souls. I know we are supposed to be in hard times, however, almost every gas station and motel were busy. Restaurants had diners, store parking lots were full and golf courses had players. Amazing how I did this with my eyes directly straight ahead, on the road all the time. Well, maybe I peeked over now and then.
We saw some really interesting golf courses as we flew by, didn't have time to stop at any. Courses where the grass was so green because of all this years rain in parts of the country, others that were brown and dry as a bone. Hilly ones, flat ones, some with lots of trees, some with none. All a home course to someone. I'll be so glad to play my home course next week for the first time in about four weeks.
Yes, we are to keep our eyes looking straight ahead, focused on the Jesus way to the Kingdom, but that path goes through an amazingly beautiful place. God's created world and its people are diverse and beautiful, don't miss that on your walk. Look straight and directly at all the good and beauty around you. Enjoy it and praise the Creator that you are walking through it. Enjoy your home course.

No comments: