Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fellowship

Let us not give up meeting together,... Hebrews10:25

Yesterday I had beautiful and blessed fellowship in the mountains about two hours from this desert valley. A very dear couple, who happen to be retired ministers, invited me to tag along with them to meet and study with another retired minister in Hill Top, NM. What a treat and joy. We spent about two hours discussing two articles from the publication "Weavings" and some time at lunch.
One of the questions posed was do we put more of our attention into private prayer and meditation or sharing our time in fellowship. To which do we feel more drawn? I guess we need to be equal as we are called to do both. However, I had to say I am much more drawn to quiet, private study, to the still moments of prayer and meditation.
On rethinking this this morning, I believe I need to balance the two a bit better. Not lessen my private time, by make more time for group fellowship. Develop a deeper appreciation for get togethers in the Body of Christ.

No comments: