Monday, August 11, 2008

When the Tree Blooms, Then What?



Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. Isaiah 35:1-2




OK, so it's not a picture of a crocus. It does, however, show how the desert and parched land can be glad when rain comes!


It's not an almond tree either. This morning I was reminded in my reading of St. Francis confronting the almond tree.


When we burst out of our wilderness and blossom, we rejoice and feel great joy. When the Holy Spirit leads me deep into a truth, I feel so good and warm and lovely. But how do I show my flower, my blossom? I spent some time this morning in my prayer chair with this question.


My blossom will turn into fruit, unless I only bloom superficially.


I've studied the fruits of the spirit before...Galatians 5:22-23...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Today, though, I touched them in another place. I need to see the blossoms on other brothers and sisters. I need to look at the blooms on others so I can see them on me. We bloom together; almond trees, crocuses, roses, cow cacti. Me, you, us. I am going to look all day for the goodness blooming on everyone God puts in my path. Then they will see it burst forth on me.

2 comments:

Jonah, said...

hi lucinda, i want to thank u for linking to jonahsmissions.blogspot.com
i tried the link but it doesn't work as i think there is an extra "http://" in there. sis pennyj

Lucinda said...

Thanks sis. It's fixed now!