Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Essential Church

Let us not give up meeting together... Hebrews 10:25

The author of one of my favorite blogs, www.walkingwithfather , gave me a wonderful chance to ponder a very good question. If there was no Christian church in your area, what would be important to you in starting one up. I started thinking, what would I really miss not having? So I came up with my essentials: Risen Christ and Holy Spirit, prayer group, love and warmth shown to each other among gathers, Communion served weekly, outreach mission, a sermon and altar call, altar made easy for kneeling, music.
What about you? Let me know and go visit the Walker. He has a partial list for you to think about. Let him know what you think also. Even if you don't want to share, it is a good idea to mull over and his site is really good.
God bless you when you ponder (or mull if you are a better muller!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for visiting my place ... these questions are very interesting because in a sense you are asking what is church.

Paul write that without love everything else is meaningless - and so for me a warm fellowship, which is quick to encourage and slow to take offence would be high, high, high on the list. Without it - a church is - nothing (or very close to it)