Monday, May 12, 2008

New Book On The List

The Spirit blows where she wills. John 3:8



Home safe and sound, again. We had a great visit with the California part of the family. I hope everybody had a beautiful Mother's Day. I thought a lot about my Mom who has crossed over. She was a true lady and a very special spirit who blew love through many a heart.



I started a new book. Well, new to me, it was published in 1995. Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh, an exiled Vietnamese Monk. The forward is beautiful. It was written by Brother David Steindl-Rast, O.S.B. If you are familiar with Thomas Merton or Father Thomas Keating then you have probably heard of this Monk. I have practiced contemplative prayer for some time, and this book is a very soul filling discussion. The Holy Spirit is such a dear friend and teacher and this book shows that she blows for all people that will stop and listen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds good :)