Friday, May 30, 2008

Prayer Friday

I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Pslam 17:6

Today the smell of onions from the field down below is surrounding me as I write. I cannot see the onions fields from where I sit, but I know they are there by the essence of their odor.
My spouse left this morning for a short business trip, yet his "feel" is still here in the room with me. His essence is left behind to remind me of him.
When you pray know that the essence of that prayer is around you all day. Its "feel", its spirit and power is carried by the Holy Spirit through the heart of our Lord.
Mighty and Wondrous Creator, we are so blessed to be in your creation today. We praise and thank you for all you have given us, all you have taken away and all you have left with us. Please open our eyes, ears and hearts today so we can be aware of you at all times of the day. We want to live in your will. Thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit, who will not leave us. Please guide us to recognise those people you have put in our path today that need your love and help. We pray all of this in the name of our Christ, AMEN.

No comments: