Saturday, May 31, 2008

Support

My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:8


Golf tees. When I was a little girl, just starting to play golf, golf tees were predictable little tools. White wood, 2 inches long, pointy on one end, scooped out top, holders for your ball to rest on when teeing off. They held up your ball so your driver could get better contact. No choice, white 2 inches, usually free in the pro shop. Need I tell you in this day and age we have revolutionized the little tee into a complicated utensil that can cost more than casual change ?? First they added color, then logos, or your name if you had that big of an ego. Then the material changed, plastic or some such polymer. The simple scooped round top now has prongs...three prongs or four. They are three inches long or an inch and a half. There are as many choices as there are choices in deodorants. Good grief. You should see me trying to get my ball to sit still on a three inch, three pronged tee in the wind. It is not a pretty sight. Still, you need the support under the ball to complete a successful drive. A sturdy foundation on which your ball can rest.
OK, I know you know where I am going with this. Praise be we have the strong right hand of our Creator to uphold us. It is ageless and does not change. Same now as when I was a little girl. My soul clings to to it and rests in its support. Thanks be to God.

No comments: