Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Who Is LikeYou ?

Who is like you--majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? Exodus 15:11

5:27 am, this morning, he/she came back. Loud, insistent...the mocking bird. I didn't have to get up until 6:30, she didn't care. This bird saw the majestic, glorious, wonder of the morning and broke into song. Sang until 5:41. Twenty one minutes. Do I keep my praise going as loud and as long as 21 minutes. Do I go out on my patio for twenty one minutes and shout and sing to my Creator when I am overcome with the beauty of my surroundings, the majesty of the mornings here in southern New Mexico?
Nope. But then God didn't give me the abilities of the mocking bird. God gave me a smile and a voice to cheerfully say "Good morning" to say "Thank you" to say "I love you". The mocking bird has captured in his brain the songs he has copied from many other birds. I work on capturing in my heart the love God gives us at each breath, so I can pour it out like a song to wake people up to God's kingdom.

No comments: