Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Water In The Desert






They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. Isaiah 11:9.

Upon waking some mornings we find that the farm down in the valley has been irrigated. Today I tried to capture it for you. It is such a beautiful site, my pictures could never do it justice. The water comes from the Rio Grande river that flows about a mile from our house. The dry desert soaks up the water and the green plants thrive, later to be harvested. You can almost feel the land take in the moisture as it covers acre after acre.

This passage from Isaiah is the one about the branch from Jesse. The Spirit of the Lord rests on this branch. One day the knowledge of the Lord will cover the whole earth. If you need peace today, get your Bible and read Isaiah 11. I love to look at this view off our little hill and feel God's love and care soaking into me just as the desert soaks up the irrigation water. I pray I am as open to the "knowledge", to the closeness of my Creator, as the land here is to the water.

Someday the whole earth will know God. You don't have to wait until "someday", soak God up now, today.




1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh how very very true!!
God Bless you and yours today and evermore!!