Monday, May 5, 2008

Grandchildrens' Children

But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents. 1Timothy 5:4

No golf this week, but that is OK. Spouse and I are going to take care of the youngest of our three grandsons in California. My children have repayed me a thousand times over by caring for their families. I have three of the best natured, loving grandsons God every placed in this world. They are ages 15, 13 and twelve. Even though they are separated by one half of the continent they care about each other, texting all the time to keep up with things. You can see what is important to my children by watching the way they care for their families. We are also blessed with two step granddaughters. They were welcomed into the family with love and open arms.

About five years ago I made a prayer journal for my family. I gave each person a page. On that page I wrote a Bible passage I had specifically chosen for them, my prayer request and any they had for themselves. When I would pray for them I would add notes, updates and results. It was an awesome experience. I am going to do another one this month.

Remember in your prayers to pray for your grandchildrens' children and those grands in the far far future. Also pray for those relatives of yours that prayed for you in the distant past. I love to think that a 6x grandparent prayed for me to know God years and years ago.

Forgot to say that this year I will add my daughter's best friend Leslie and her family to my book.

I'll keep in touch from California. Bless you.

No comments: